How Much Time It Will Take
"If we continue to stay together we will continue to make lives better... I commit to each of you that I will always have time for this."
Successful candidates must invest significant time and effort toward achieving their organizational challenge over the 18 months of the program. Don't think you have the time? Read one participant's testimony
about finding the time. [PDF]
The time commitment includes real work by you and others in your organization against your identified challenge. You must commit to making your challenge one of the top priorities for your organization. Expect to put your challenge in your operating and strategic plan, to commit to your staff, your Board and possibly others that you and your organization will take on the challenge and make a performance impact. You should also expect to work on your challenge regularly through conference calls, online chats, and one-on-one conversations with your coach and your peer group of colleagues several times each month.
- Module I: Week of August 28, 2016
- Chicago meetings: October 19 (Red, Yellow & Purple Groups) or October 20 (Green & Silver Groups)
- Module II: Week of February 20, 2017 (Please Note this session will conflict with the Feb. NeighborWorks Training Institute taking place during the same week.)
- Summer 2017: 1-day meeting with peer group
- Module III: Week of September 10, 2017
- Winter: 1-day meeting with peer group
It's important to keep in mind as you consider participation in the program that this is an intensive program and the real time commitment is not so much in the time away from your office, but the time you put in to making progress on your challenge.
For additional information about Achieving Excellence, call (800) 438-5547 or (202) 760-4000, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org