lack of affordable housing and access to basic services.
However, exciting new strategies and innovations emerging in the field of community development promise to help build more inclusive and equitable cities, towns and rural areas.
Join NeighborWorks America to engage in a dynamic conversation and explore the experience of community development practitioners serving diverse communities. The symposium will examine the different structural systems that affect progress in community development, share racial and economic data that illuminate the challenges and opportunities we face, and highlight successful strategies that strengthen communities.
Throughout the day, we will:
Creating Economic Opportunity: Race Culture & Opportunity
Examine the impact racial disparities have on quality of life and economic opportunities. Join us for this day of learning and engage with others who wrestle with the same challenges you face.
Examine the impact racial disparities have on quality of life and economic opportunities.
- Dialogue about the role of housing and community development in improving equitable outcomes.
- Share and explore best-practice models for equitable housing and development.
- Learn how disaggregated data can be used to tell the narrative of your community.
- Explore strategies for multicultural community building.
- Recognize and highlight the successes of housing and community development organizations.
Through breakout sessions that focus on different strategies and tools, the symposium will allow you to hear directly from successful organizations that are addressing issues of race, culture, opportunity and inclusion to advance community development.
You will join local and national experts, thought leaders and innovators for a stimulating day of presentations, interactive sessions and networking—learning about different strategies that build local capacity, inclusive community development models and the role we each play in nurturing effective, healthy communities.